Saturday, September 18, 2010

Best. Pony. EVER!

Seriously, she is. She has blossomed at our new barn. Since our first bad ride, she has really gotten her act together. SO much so that we went out on our first trail ride last weekend! I was so impressed with her I could have cried. She led almost the entire time, didn't do any real spooking... only thing that made her nervous were a few logs and trees that had fallen, she hesitated a bit when we saw them but walked on anyway. I love her. I love her SO much!

April has been working with her weekly and she is really coming full circle with the respect issue. She is rarely ever pushy now, and respects people's space. That was one of the biggest mistakes I made as a green horse owner, allowing her to become pushy. I of course thought it was cute that she wanted to be right up on top of me all the time "She loves me... we're bonding" Um, no... she's being dominant & pushy. Lesson learned, and corrected. Thank God for a wonderful trainer and support system to set me straight!

My favorite thing Cheyenne has learned is to walk through water. We have a pond out in her pasture so I have started riding & lungeing her through it and she LOVED it! She'll dunk her whole head under water to blow bubbles, it's so cute! :) Here she is playing in the water



& here is April, riding her bareback with just a halter and leadrope!!! She wasn't perfect, but the fact that it was done at all impressed the heck out of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment