Friday, February 5, 2010

A Bond that Can't be Broken

So I got the craziest news today... I have two little sisters! (well, one is not so little- she's 18!)

Long story short, I was adopted when I was 8 months old. I contacted the attorney who handled my adoption 3 years ago, no word back. I decided to call again 2 weeks ago & got a call today saying she had already contacted my birthmother who gave the go-ahead to release her contact info to me. So I put on my big girl panties and mustered the courage to make the scariest phone call of my life...

Well it turned out to be the best phone call of my life also. My birth mom was SO down to earth, easy to talk to, funny... everything I could have hoped and more. I even got to talk to my 18 year old sister who looks like my TWIN... it's unbelievable! I also have a 5 year old sister who is absolutely precious as can be.

So as we got to talking I of course told her about Cheyenne. Would you believe it? The whole family is HORSE CRAZY! Turns out it's genetic, who knew?! My birthmom has been riding since she was 7 or 8 and my sister has been riding for a long time too. WOW! I'm going to meet them all tomorrow... hopefully I'll be able to take them out for a playdate at the barn soon too. :)

BEST.

DAY.

EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment