Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TIIIIIIIIIIMBER!

So I get a text message this morning...

'A tree fell in Cheyenne's paddock...' (Me: OMG AHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT!?!?) 'She's ok.' (Me: *composing myself* Oh, right... okay.)

Mind you, this is a LARGE tree, and a fairly small paddock. Thank the Lord above she wasn't hurt. I can't imagine what I would have done. The wind was something fierce last night, I guess I'm not terribly surprised. With the wind chill factor it's supposed to feel down in the 20s tonight. I thought I lived in Florida? Evidently the weather God's didn't get the memo this season.

So I get off of work this afternoon & send a text message to the barn owner.
'Is everything ok? Do I need to go out to check on the monster pony?'
Her reply?
'No, she seems content just eating the tree bark and practicing her jumping skills.'

Excellent. Maybe she'll lay off the wood on the fence for a while with this new massive chew toy. MAYBE this was a blessing in disguise & I'll just leave it in her paddock from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I hate those messages. My Trainer is the only person that I will drop anything for to answer the phone when she calls.

    ReplyDelete