Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update on Cheyenne Phelps

WOW! My last post was the beginning of March & now we're in April. I feel like I've mentally blogged a lot more of things that happened this month than I have. I always think "I should write about this", but it never happens. My favorite moment of the month had to be Cheyenne's swim. This is the horse that won't even step through a PUDDLE! Next thing I know she's decided to give herself a swimming lesson. We call her Cheyenne Phelps at the barn now. Watch & see (if you can... my phone has terrible video quality. I also have no idea what happened to the background noise... it just sounds like chipmunks hijacked the audio. *shrug*



In other news Cheyenne & I will be leaving our current barn at the end of the month. I love the people there & will be so sad to go. But it is just so far & I will be moving in with the future hubby @ some point and it is WAYYY too far from his house. I found a nice place much closer. There's a large turn out area with run in stalls and a river. I hope she'll enjoy it - I'm sure she will. I hope she doesn't take to chewing the wood there. She does in her little paddock but I hope it's only out of boredom & when she's turned out she'll be okay. *fingers crossed*

& lastly, Cheyenne can officially be MINE now! She's a BLM horse & so the government owned her for the first year (this is done to avoid people adopting mustangs super cheap & then selling them off to slaughter for profit, etc.) but now I can mail in my paper work saying she's been taken care of & she'll be all mine officially. :) yayyy! I'll have to celebrate her adoption day!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Cheyenne's title! Loved her swimming video too :)

    ReplyDelete