Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am the worst horsey momma in the world. I let Chey's feet go an extra couple...few... weeks between normal farrier visits & now they look horrendous from water damage. Evidently sand is not quite as kind on the hooves as grass is... who knew? So much for those "perfect" mustang feet I kept bragging about... evolutionary fail. This week has been jam packed & last barn trip was spent unloading hay and panicking about the horrific condition of Cheyenne's feet rather than real work (...for her anyway). Hopefully tomorrow we'll get something accomplished.

I just agreed to take on an undergraduate research project. I'm excited about the prospect of doing something I enjoy and challenging myself, I just hope I'm not getting in over my head. I really wish I had more time to spend with monster pony... if only the daylight hours were longer. Last time I checked on her she had scooched an assortment of cardboard plant pots into her paddock & had begun scattering them... bored much? Of course it doesn't matter how many jolly balls & toys I put in there... of course she'll find the ONE THING she's not supposed to have. Love my monster pony. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment