Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pigs & Ponies

Isn't odd how when you have a break, it seems like there's still never any time to relax? At any rate I made some time to take Cheyenne out yesterday with a few good friends & their horses. We went "road riding" (no "real" trails, but some back roads) & Cheyenne did really well with the other horses. We'd ridden most of the road before by ourselves so she was somewhat familiar with it. She spooked a couple of times, but luckily her spook is more like a little jump- so no accidents. *phew!* She lagged behind her friends a bit & I even got a trot out of her to catch up! Jenna put us on a lunge line yesterday to work on trotting- the little booger is SOOOO lazy. She KNOWS what I'm asking... she just doesn't want to do it. Again, work in progress. Got quite a bit of a workout for the both of us yesterday though, my legs are aching. She has one heck of a bouncy trot... hmph. In the meantime this little lady has been hanging out in my bathtub.
She's a sweetie- I was taking care of her because she has a pretty bad skin condition & was getting beat up by the other pigs who were stealing her food. I was only able to keep her a couple of days (parents are not big pig fans... who would've guessed?) but her skin was starting to get a little better & she'd certainly fattened up by the time I brought her back to the barn. Hopefully she'll find a nice indoor home & get to be the spoiled princess she longs to be. :) *UPDATE: Miss piggy has found a wonderful new mommy to take care of her... yay!*

No comments:

Post a Comment