Monday, January 18, 2010

Best. Day. Ever.

In unrelated, non-horsey news... I am engaged. :) Graham finally popped the question this past Friday, and I am on cloud nine.

In related, horsey news... I got Cheyenne to trot under saddle today! I've gotten her to trot a couple of times before, but usually only with someone on the ground either lunging her, or chasing after her with the lunge whip. It took a LOT of coaxing (and kicking...) but eventually I got her moving. The times I have trotted her in the past she's had a very rough trot, but once she found her rhythm today I was pleasantly surprised to find she has one of the smoothest trots of any horse I've ever ridden- score! She was very good today, lunged nicely without a lunge line in the round pen... even cantered for a while without stopping!

In bad news... she has a fairly large welt on her neck from the shot of banamine that was given to her from her colic episode. I'm keeping an eye on it, but I hope it doesn't develop into anything more serious I would need to call the vet out for... I do NOT have the $ for that right now.

Tomorrow I start my internship... I'm excited & nervous! I'm going to be in a 4th grade class, I've never worked with kids above 2nd grade so this will be a VERY new experience for me! So here's to a great start, to an exciting week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment