Monday, January 4, 2010

I unknowingly moved to Antarctica.

I've been a neglectful horsey mama this past week. The weather has been SO cold... well... cold is relative (but my blood is thinner than water!) It has been highs in the low 50s (some days 40s!) and lows in the low 30s (some days 20s... yes 20s in FLORIDA. Also has been 0% chance of rain... again, in FLORIDA.) I think hell has frozen over. Point being- I've been cold & lazy. The cold makes me sloooooow... I feel like a 90 year old woman, I get achy & grumpy with this weather. Pfffft, thanks a LOT Florida.

(See about ^ Chey in her cute heart sheet... "You has treats for me? Gimme or I'll nibble your fingers to nubs!" ... she'd do it too.)

At any rate I've taken a few unproductive trips out to the barn to check on Chey... clean her paddock... pay homage to a few dead farm animals... (ew. ew. & ew.) I'll never get how death doesn't upset those farm folks- still FREAKS ME OUT. It's been so cold we've had to blanket the horses. And yes, I own a blanket for my WILD mustang from Wyoming here in "sunny" Florida... go ahead, JUDGE ME. Thankfully she has been kind to her horsie snuggie & doesn't give me much fuss to put it on. MUCH is the operative word here... except for tonight.

I own the most IMPATIENT horse on the face of God's green earth. She is EVER SO wiggly and squiggly & fidgety. I was putting her blanket on and I swear to you she managed to wrap her six inch lead all the way around the darn tree. Then in the opposite direction... and again in the opposite direction. STAND STILL DANGIT! How do you explain that to a horse? I think I'm going to start beating her into submission. JOKE... plus it wouldn't work if I tried. I swear you can bruise yourself smacking that horse *... not that I'd know* & she looks at you like "Thanks for swatting that fly! Now I need to get back to whatever inappropriate behavior I was previously engaged in." Oy. Vey.

Ravin kicked through the boards between her & Chey's paddocks so Chey has been neighboorless becaus Ravin has been blacklisted to her own private paddock. Cheyenne & the dogs are bonding now... she doesn't seem to kick at their fence quite as much any more, so that's a positive. At any rate, hopefully I will have some exciting update tomorrow when I go out & ride for the first time in like a week. I'm sure "exciting" will be the best way to describe whatever might happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment