Sunday, January 24, 2010

Torn

I am torn on how to feel right now... absolute JOY over Cheyenne's behavior, or concern over her recent injury. We'll start with the good...

Cheyenne now, finally, after much protest is trotting under saddle. She is an absolute ANGEL in the round pen, trotting with minimal cueing (usually just a cluck & a tap now.) However when I moved her into the arena we had a little bit of a battle of wills. The footing in there is much more difficult though, so I at least understand her protest. This is, undoubtedly, the miracle of all miracles. I have NOT had success in making her trot without a great deal of coaxing until recently. I was convinced this would be my breaking point to getting her professional training... but we did it! She is such a good girl, always trying to please me. She hasn't once given me a fuss in terms of bucking, rearing, etc. SO THRILLED.

In BAD news, Cheyenne has developed an infection at the injection sight from where the bannamine shot was given when she coliced. :( Called the vet tonight & hopefully he will be able to come out soon to lance it (SO gross!) Eeek. :( But you know how it is with horses, if she's not getting her head caught in her gate, or colicing... she's getting infections. *rolls eyes* lol

No comments:

Post a Comment