Thursday, April 29, 2010

Halter Success

Well after continuing my hunt for the breakaway halter, I FINALLY found one. I found a used one at a local tack consignment shop, but apparently the monster pony has outgrown "pony" sized anything. So I dished out the $30 for a horse sized halter. Didn't fit. Seriously? It was hanging off her face. So I returned it, and found a cob size halter & bought that. Which was a pleasant surprise, only $17! The only one in the whole store at that price, winnn! Except then THAT was too small! What the...? I have NO idea what magic size head my horse has that NOTHING will fit it. But I kept it because the price was right & the halter was only a teeny bit too small (... and I damaged it trying to punch a new hole in it). I'm just going to punch new holes a little further down so it will fit. The small horse sized grazing muzzle I bought her was MUCH too small though. Thankfully the kind lady at one of the local tack shops told me she would add an extra piece of Velcro for only a couple of dollars so it will fit. (Shout out to the lovely ladies at the Tack Shack! haha) Yayy for crafty people!

Monster pony was disgustingly dirty when I went out to try the many halters on today. I was almost afraid they wouldn't accept the return because her dang face was so dirty it turned part of the halter brown! I was able to clean it off though, thankfully. All of her things are at the new barn now, so I'm embarrassed to bring her to the new barn looking like a homeless, neglected mess. *sigh* Oh well. Gahh pony is so cute, but she is a flipping beaver! She's eaten the crap out of the boards in her paddock. Fingers crossed she STOPS this at the new barn with turnout. I can't believe in 2 days she'll be at the new barn! I'll post pictures of her in her new house when I get them. Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment