Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love.

Monster pony was a sweet little angel today. I went out to the barn & rode with Ray's leaser. Of course about five minutes into the ride it started to rain... but we waited it out under the tree (which didn't provide much shelter...) & eventually got a good ride in. Cheyenne did VERY well! She trotted with minimal fuss, the way she had been a few weeks ago... before she decided to start pulling crap. She does do much better with Ray around, which I am grateful for. She doesn't even need to be following, just having him in the arena is enough.

The stud colt was turned out in the turnout area that shares a fence with the arena. He was being a NUT with Cheyenne in the arena. I was VERY concerned he was going to bust through the fence or jump it (He was trying!). Cheyenne was so calm, you'dve thought she was a gelding by the way she ignored him. Oh, I am SO glad she is not one of those hussy mares who squirts at trees. She's so easy going, not mare-ish at all. How did I get so lucky?!

Today after I had untacked Cheyenne & I was waiting to use the wash rack we had a "moment". She just stood there in the aisle way, then pressed her face into my chest. She stood like that for a good 2 minutes. Usually she's pretty antsy (she is still a baby after all) but she was just so sweet today. Calm, quiet, and lovey as can be. Days like this make those painful falls completely worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment