Saturday, May 8, 2010

The pony gods are against me.

So I think the pony gods are against me. The day I moved Cheyenne I ended up with an AWFUL sunburn, one of the worst I've ever had. I finally managed to put on a t-shirt after several days (it really was THAT bad) and went out to the barn. Cheyenne was an ANGEL. Well comparatively speaking. We still have a long ways to go in her training, but she was better than she's ever been. She lunged nicely & was more responsive than ever in a new saddle & bit. I was so worried she wouldn't take to it well, but the opposite happened. I put her in the new english saddle I bought her (I started her in a western saddle) & bought a slow twist eggbutt to replace the loose ring snaffle that I wasn't working out too well. She listened even in the completely new surroundings. She did so well in the round pen we moved to the arena. Even with another horse right next to us she listened very well. She even trotted with MUCH less fighting than usual. That's still our biggest issue right now. She KNOWS exactly what I'm asking for, she just fights as much as she can to avoid it. I guess I prefer lazy to hot, but SHEESH is she lazy! Anyway, so I ended up pulling a muscle in my leg & I practically had to jump off it hurt soo bad. UGH. :( I've pulled the same muscle trying to mount, but never just riding. It HURTS so bad... & now I walk like a cowboy. Very unflattering. It will probably be a few days before I can ride again... or walk properly. I just want to ride my pony!! Ugh. Anyway.. that was just a rambling mess I'm sure. I've got the tv on & every distraction in the book. So whatever I just typed... I hope it makes sense. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment