Tuesday, May 4, 2010

S-U-C-C-E-S-S... that's the way we spell success, whoo!

So after all that worrying about Cheyenne loading. It took her all of 12 seconds to follow me right up onto the trailer (pretty small one too) with no problems what so ever. Yayy! I got her to her new home, unloaded her, and let her graze for a bit. After a little while I took her outback to her pasture to show her around and introduce her to "Ray", her new pasture buddy.


As you can see, no problems there. The pair made fast friends! I've never seen two horses get along as well as these guys. No fussing or squealing or kicking. Just a few seconds of sniffing & it's like the two were old friends! They spent the rest of the afternoon following each other around. I think they're in love... uh oh!

After she settled in with Ray I took her out to explore the new barn. We went to see the mirror in the arena, she was unphased.

Took her by the flag... again, not spooked one bit.

Took her over some logs & jumps. She's not much of a jumper yet. She's more of a walker & an eater. We'll make a cute little h/j pony out of her yet!


I worked her for just a minute in the round pen. Walk/trot a few laps on each side. Just to get her used to the space. She did so well! Tried to reverse a couple of times, but that's nothing she doesn't try on any other normal day! lol Then I hosed the poor dear off, it was almost 100 degrees today! Ugh. It was AWFUL! As per usual, she enjoyed playing in the hose.



I left for a bit to go pick up my new saddle! It is lovely! I didn't even think to get a picture of it! The only issue is it has some water stains on the underside, but you can't see them when you're riding in it. The leather is very soft & you can tell it's been well maintained. It fits Cheyenne perfect, I just need to go pick up a girth for it tomorrow so we can try it out!

When I returned I found Cheyenne & her new buddy out grazing peacefully.


I'm so glad it went so well. Like I said, I'm so sad I'll be leaving my old barn buddies... but I can already tell how much happier she is with room to roam, grass to graze, and a new buddy! Everything just clicked & fell into place perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a smoother move. :) Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment