Monday, May 3, 2010

Whee!

Well tomorrow is the big day, moving day: take 2. I have a lovely lady from my soon-to-be-former barn moving Cheyenne for me. She's very patient & very good with trailering horses, so I'm confident things will go smoothly no matter what kind of a funk Cheyenne may get in. Also, prayers she won't be a beaver pony at the new barn are being welcomed and accepted. :) Thanks in advance! Other than that I have no concerns. I met the other girl who boards out at the new barn (there's only 2 of us & the lady who owns 5 horses) & she's super nice and fun. I know we're going to get along well. It won't be the same without my crazy horse friends, but Cheyenne will be happier. I'm trying hard not to be a selfish horse mom & to do what's best for her... even though it kind of sucks.

More exciting news, we finally have a day to celebrate for Cheyenne! Since I don't know her birthday, and I kind of adopted her two different days (one day I signed the papers, another day I actually brought her home) I was never sure what day to celebrate as Cheyenne's special day. So we now have an official "adoption day"! I finally got her title in the mail today! Granted the real "adoption day" was April 28, when her title was printed we're going to celebrate tomorrow, since I can't go back in time. But next year... April 28... it's going to be big. Just you wait.



In my feeble attempt to wash my horse so she doesn't look like a homeless neglected mess for tomorrows move, I've found that nothing in this world tests my patience quite like bathing my horse. Maybe it's her inability to stand still, or my inability to remove the massive amounts of dirt super glued to her body, or my frustration knowing no matter how many hours I spend cleaning her the next day she'll look like crap again, or the fact the minute I clean her legs she splashes in a mud puddle, or the fact she acts like a crazy idiot whenever I try to hose her face/forelock/mane, or the... okay. You get it. The little snot BIT me today while I was bathing her! She's always been mouthy, but not teethy (toothy? ... whatever, she doesn't bite) Gahhh she regretted that decision pretty quickly. As did I! I've got a pretty little bruise now. Thanks Chey, 'preciate it. Ugh.

So I posted an ad looking for a nice used AP english saddle. Some lady emailed me with a practically brand new collegiate in mine (& Chey's!) size for $150. Whoo! Hopefully going to look at it soon. Very exciting! Any thoughts on collegiates? I've never ridden in one but I hear they're pretty good. (not sure the model, I just know it's an all purpose saddle)

Last but not least, anyone ever tried Quitt? It's some supplement that's guaranteed to stop your horse from wood eating in 7 days. I'm considering it if Cheyenne keeps wood chewing at the new barn. Just wondered if anyone's ever had any experience with it or known someone who has. (Come on my 3 readers... I'm counting on you! lol)

Annnnnnnnnnd... that's all folks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment