Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Owww.

So yesterday's move resulted in the sunburn from HELL. I could barely move last night & most of today. I cut up an old t-shirt to make it strapless so I could drag my miserable butt to the barn to check on pony. She was just happy as can be when I got there. I took her out and cross tied her for a minute to try on her new saddle and measure her for a new girth. I thought someone had drugged my horse! She was so quiet, calm, and cooperative. I was thinking about it and I guess my best comparison would be to my dogs. When they're crated, the minute we open that door they BOLT, full of energy. It was the same thing at the old barn. She was in a small space (granted not equivalent to a dog crate size-wise) and so anytime I'd take her out she was just antsy and hyper. She needed a way to release some of that energy! Now that she has room to run around and be a horse, she is so much calmer! It's wonderful. She was just a saint. As soon as this sunburn heals up I'm going to take her out for a nice ride. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment